Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Ivy's Travel: The Best Local Food in Bali


When it comes to Bali, people mostly comes for two things. The beach and the food. Though the cafe and restaurant scene in Bali impress me so much, I still feel their local food is the best one. Mostly their common local food is Nasi babi guling (suckling pig rice) or Nasi Ayam (chicken rice). 

Below is my recommendation for the best local food in Bali. 

WARUNG BABI GULING PAK DOBIEL
Address: Jl. Srikandi No. 9, Nusa Dua
Ph. +62361 771633
Opening hours: 10am 
Price: 40k


Compare to other sucking pigs stores, Pak Dobiel's warung is the most humble one, but to me who has been their loyal customers everytime I visited Bali, their version of suckling pig's rice is the best one. Generous filling, good chilli, delicious! The only thing I don't like about them is how they prepare the food using bare hands and not with spoon. But, seriously, Pak Dobiel's suckling pig is a must try!


NASI BABI GULING IBU OKA 
Address: Jl. Tegal Sari No. 2, Ubud
Ph. +62361 976345
Open: 10am - 5pm
Price: 55k ++ (special), 70k++ (separate with more meats)


Ibu Oka could be one of the top reason people go all the way to Ubud. Their suckling pig rice is legendary famous. Despite being the most expensive suckling pig's rice among others, still they are going strong with loyal eaters, especially tourist. They now have 3 outlets all located at Ubud. They are so famous that people often said you haven't been to Bali if you never try Ibu Oka's suckling pig rice.


NASI BABI GULING PAK MALEN
Address: Jl. Sunset Road No. 5, Seminyak
Opening hours: 8am - 4pm
Price: 30k (special), 40k (separate with more meats)



Pak Malen strategically located at Sunset Road which is very close to the tourist and cafe areas in Seminyak. If you stay in Seminyak, the humble warung is easily accessible by foot.  Their meat portion is the least one among others, probably because of the price is also cheaper than others. If you ask me, I would say their suckling pig's rice is my least favorite. 


NASI BABI GULING PAK CHANDRA
Address: Jl. Teuku Umar 140 
Ph. +62361 221278
Opening hours: 7am
Price: 35k (special), 40k (separate with more meats)

I don't know why I could forgot to take a picture of this one. Pak Chandra's suckling pig is also one of the ones I always go when I'm in Bali. Their suckling pig rice has super generous fillings and flavorful. I like theirs as much as I like Pak Dobiel's. 


NASI PEDAS ANDIKA 
Address: Jl.Raya Kuta Gg.Kubu No.120C, Benoa, Badung, Kuta Selatan
Opening hours: Daily 24 hours


I actually don't want to include Nasi Pedas Ibu Andika in the post as I absolutely don't think the rice is any good. But since the stalls is so freakin' popular, I feel it's a wise thing to do to include them. After all, everyone has different taste right?
I have tried Ibu Andika's rice years ago when they were still a humble street food cart. I didn't like it then, and I don't like it now. Cannot understand what is so special about this rice that people go crazy about them. But, if you're in Bali, do try and let me know you think. :)


WARUNG NASI AYAM IBU OKI
Address:Jl. Pantai Mengiat, Nusa Dua 
Ph. +62361 8052059
Opening hours: 7am - 5pm
Price: 20k 


Ibu Oki is popular for its good and cheap chicken rice. The complete chicken rice only cost 20k! So affordable yet so fulfilling. Though it's not exactly that good for me, but the shop almost never has empty seats. Do stop by and try if you're at Nusa Dua.


NASI AYAM KEDEWATAN IBU MANGKU 
Address: Jl. Raya Kedewatan 2 No.18, Ubud
Ph. +62361 974795
Price: 25k 


Nasi Ayam Kedewatan Ibu Mangku ranks as my number one chicken rice at Bali. It's spicy, flavorful and so good! Definitely a must try even if you're not at Ubud area, it's worth the visit.


PLEASE NOTE ALL THE PRICES STATED ARE AS PER DEC 2014.

Ah Bali with its glorious local food.

No comments: