Sunday, July 21, 2013

TWG Tea Salon & Boutique


I have always admire TWG's concept design, whether it's the two at Marina Bay Sands or the other two at Ion Orchard. They have other branches in Spore, but the spoken malls above were the two I went to for their teas & macs. When I first saw the 'coming soon' sign in front of Sogo Plaza Senayan, I was thrilled to see how they will design it.

So, last month, after a fulfilling lunch at Union with my two close friends, we went for a high tea session there. The place was quite limited as half of it was occupied for tea & macaroons' boutique. They have amazing wide tea selections. I was busy opening and smelling each of the tea tester as we waited on the waiting list. The salon & boutique, as they called it, was not as pretty as the one in Spore, perhaps due to their limited space, but still worth a big compliment. Classy, pretty, chic that only TWG can put up.

The menu was minimum, and they categorized it into hours. Beside the all day dining menu, the main courses is only available from 12 - 3pm and 6 - 10pm. They also serve breakfast from 10am - 12noon with choices from croissant to eggs benedict. We chose to have the Royal tea time set menu (125k):
- Choice of TWG tea
- Choice of 2 scones or 2 muffins served with TWG jelly and whipped cream
- Prawn with silver moon tea infused cream, smoked salmon with cream & chives, tomato & moroccan mint
   tea infused sauce finger sandwiches.

Aside from that, we also ordered 2pcs of their famous macaroons (15k/pc), Earl grey & Napoleon, along with another cup of TWG tea (42k). I'm sorry that I couldn't remember which tea flavors we chose. In my opinion, though the tea did tasted good with strong aroma, but it was quite an expensive tea. They came in a shiny gold teapot, don't be fool by the size as the inside was much smaller, and it can't be refilled to maintain the flavor.





The macs, were crunchy and not overly sweet, I can't remember which is which, but the black one on my pics below was yummy! The finger sandwiches and muffins were pretty ordinary, I didn't find anything special except the delicious tea jelly. For me the winning dishes that day was not so much on the tea, macs nor the overpriced tea set menu, but more on the salad. It was fresh, not overdressing with perfectly poached egg and grilled chicken on the top. Again, I can't remember the exact name and price, it was a late post and I lost the bill, sorry. :(




So, who's up for a cup of tea? :)

TWG Tea Salon & Boutique
Plaza Senayan level1
(in front of SOGO)
Jl. Asia Afrika No. 8
Gelora Bung Karno - Senayan
South Jakarta
Ph. +6221 5725276

Other branch: Pacific Place Level 1

Easy booking with only one click! Try it!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I have been through several posts on this very subject but the satisfactory information that I found here is something that all other blogs are missing. Salons in indore