Tuesday, April 9, 2013

T.G.I Friday's


Back then when I was still in college, TGI Friday's was one of the place my friends and I went to very very often. It was one of my favorite diners, I love their food, the red and white stripes concept, even all the cute colorful pins the waiters put in their suspenders. When it was closed together with the rest of the other restaurants at Taman Ria Senayan, I was seriously bumped.
It's not really about the food. I can always look for other place who serves good steak, what I was sad about is more on how I lost one of my comfort place to dine.



So, when I heard they are coming back to Jakarta, I was more than excited. Couple months ago, I think, this is a very late post, all I remember is we went to Friday's on the same day we watched "Silver Lining's Playbook". Their first outlet took place at the new shopping mall, Plaza Lippo Kemang. Still with their white & red stripes' trademark, the place is pretty spacious with bar on the center, a big logo of Thank God It's Friday in one side of their red color walls, while the rest of the walls covered with baseball stick, guitars, cars' plates, even Kobe Bryant's uniform. It was so... Fun.
Anyway, it was Sunday noon and the place was fully packed, I was having difficulties on getting a good shot on the interior, I'm sorry for the limited and poor pictures. :(



The friendly waiter, still with bunch of colorful pins on their uniform, lesser than I used to remember though, handing us the menu and it all looked so good. Having difficulties on deciding what to order as the silly part of me wanting to have everything I used to have back then at the old TGI. But since, it was only hubs and I that day, we decided on a plate of Grilled chicken Caesar salad (89,9k), Rib eye steak (219,9k) and Jack Daniel's steak & shrimp (249,9k). Even that was simply too much as their portion was huge. I even jokingly said that it looks like it meant for people who haven't eat in 2 days.

The salad, is Ivy's likey type of salad. Nothing but green lettuce with grilled chicken on the top covered classic Caesar dressing. I never like any of those fancier type of salads, to me green lettuce with Caesar dressing is simply enough and Friday's one suits me best besides the classic one at Bakerz Inn. It was heavenly yumm.

My Jack daniel's steak and shrimp was okay, though I didn't enjoy it as much as I enjoyed the salad. First, I felt the sirloin was too dry, I wonder if it had something to do with the fact that I had it well done, while everyone knows that the best way to have a steak is having it on medium, but I can't stand to see the red blood, I feel like eating a raw meat, so I always ask to have it well done with the hope that it wont be too dry. Sadly, it was. I like the shrimp, crunchy. Hubs' rib eye steak was a delight though, His medium grilled rib eye was deliciously juicy.




I love Friday's and always will, 'nuff said. Thank you, Mr. Ashraf Sinclair for bringing Friday's back. Hopefully, in the future, they will open second outlet somewhere closer to my place, so it can be my comfort place to dine again. :)

T.G.I Friday's
Lippo Mall Kemang - Kemang Village
GF unit OD 9-10
Kemang, South Jakarta
Ph. +6221 29528368
http://fridays.co.id/

Other branch: Pondok Indah Mall

3 comments:

Ashraf Sinclair said...

Hi Ivy,

This is Ashraf Sinclair here, my team sent me your blog page. We would like to express our appreciation for your honest review. We are delighted to bring your comfort food back to Jakarta. The next TGIFridays will open at Pondok Indah Mall Street Walk a week after Lebaran. Hope to see you there!

Regards,

Ashraf

Ivy said...

My hearty thank you for making an effort to comment on the blog sir. Will definitely pay a visit to the next TGI. =)

Unknown said...

For someone like me that grew up in NY...I can't express how happy I am to see TGI Fridays in Jakarta! You said it best - comfort food!!
BTW- love your blog!