Thursday, February 12, 2015

E&O Jakarta's New Menu


Staying in a city spoiled with thousand of restaurants and rapidly growth F&B scene doesn't mean it's easy to pick a favorite, except for this one, who will always be my favorite one.

E&O is a Thai Vietnamese restaurant under Chef Will Meyrick with Union group. They have been established for almost two years and still going strong. Since my first visit to E&O (read here), I have been coming back couple times and always amazed by their food.


I was invited to sample several of their new menu and it was one of my most satisfying lunch. It's good now they've come with variety of more individual menu instead of focusing only on share portion for family meal.


I personally adore and amazed on how the Chefs are so creatively brilliant in coping Asian flavor, especially Thai and Vietnamese into each of the menu. If you are into Asian food, or even not, trust me, you'll still love their food. Chef Meyrick and his chef's team are excellent. There's just too many good creations.

VIETNAMESE "CHEONG FAN" (65k)
With shredded pork, shiso leaf, Thai basil and yellow bean sauce in rice rolls.
Okay this was a perfect starter. I loved it. The pork was tender, with the vegetables and Thai basil wrapped inside the rice roll give a bit zest of Asian into it.

THAI STYLE CAESAR SALAD (95k)
With pork belly crunch, parmesan rice puffs and smoked mackerel
I am always a salad person, especially when it comes to Caesar. When this Thai caesar salad was served, I was quickly drawn into it. The color was pretty, and everything was good and fresh.

YUM TALAY FISH BALL SALAD (65k)
With Asian celery, red onions and salted egg

Moving on to the main courses, we were spoiled with even more delicious treats.


PENANG BEEF BURGER (125k)
With chili coriander jam, creamy egg aioli and hill tribe cassava.

E&O's version of burger was good but what I liked the most was the sides. The fried cassava and som tum were crazily good. I was amazed how they can fried the cassava so crisp. Hopefully they'll make this cassava as one of the appetizers.

THAI SPICE RUB SIRLOIN (230k)
Served with som tum salad and spicy Thai sauce

Another stunning dish. I liked this one very much. The beef was crazily tender and juicy, and the way they pair it with som tum salad and that spicy Thai sauce just made it into a winning dish.

E&O HAINANESE CHICKEN RICE (85k)

GREEN CURRY VEGETABLES (80k)
With fresh coconut milk, Thai basil and green chilli

HOUSE MADE SQUID INK NOODLES (108k)
With squid, edamame and basil
 
GARLIC SPAGHETTI (108k)
With stir fried clams, chilli and Thai basil

We tried two of their pasta dishes and the squid ink noodles was the one caught my taste buds. It was well cooked with strong flavor and tender generous squids. The garlic spaghetti with clams wasn't close to my liking. It tasted weird, somehow I feel pasta doesn't go along well with too much usage of garlic and baby corn. One of my friend even said she felt like eating capcay instead of pasta. She had a point. :) 


LAOS STYLE MINCED CHICKEN "NAHM PRIK ONG" (95k)
With house made egg noodles, tomato and chilli paste 

RASPBERRY POPSICLE (100k) and CUCUMBER COLLINS (100k)

Dessert time!!!

COCONUT BRULEE WITH RUM, RAISIN, YOUNG COCONUT AND ROASTED ALMONDS (50k)

I really like this one. It's sort of like klapertaart (Manado's traditional dessert), and it was really good! Smooth and silky, served warm, and I loved how the sweetness was not overpowering.

MOCHA CAPPUCINO GANACHE WITH HONEYCOMB AND COFFEE GRANITA (55k)

ASSORTED INDONESIAN FRITTERS WITH FERMENTED CASSAVA AND SMOKED BANANA ICE CREAM (45k)

A quick tip ahead. Remember to save some space for the desserts. You'll regret it if you don't. We have three of their new desserts and none fails. Everything is nom nom good. Further explanation not needed.

We also tried two of their shaved ice cocktails and they were super refreshing. I seriously recommend you to order one of them at the end of your meal. 

SCOTCH & BERRY (100k) and MANGO TANGO (100k)

I have to admit I had a blast lunch. All the new menu is as good, if not better than the current menu. Everything was beyond great. Once again, you wowed me! If for some reasons, you have never been to E&O, you must! Absolutely one of my top favorite restaurants in town.

E&O 
Menara Rajawali 1st Flr
Jl. DR. Ide Anak Agung Gde Agung Lot #5.1
Kawasan Mega Kuningan
South Jakarta
Ph. +6221 5761645
http://eandojakarta.com/ 


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Kelihatannya enak

fitra said...

wah terimakasih perut saya jadi kenyang nih :v http://fitrarahim.blogspot.com/