Saturday, April 28, 2012

Outback Steakhouse: An all time favorite


Hubby and I always have a thing for Outback. Since forever, the place had been our favorite dining. We have been together for almost 6 years since the first time we dated and out of that six years, three Valentine's dinner were celebrated here and countless of regular visits to this place had been done. Whenever we are craving on a good juicy steak, Outback had always becoming the safe place we went to as it never disappointed us, either from the food, the ambiance or the service itself.

Several weeks ago, hubby and I were thinking on where to have our dinner. Most of the time, I will suggest to go to a new place we both never went to, but that night we were in a serious need of good comfort food, something that will make our belly happy, so we decided to go for an all time favorite at Outback. 



Our orders at Outback almost always the same, a plate of  Bushman Shrooms' and Rockhampton rib eye. That night as were seated, I noticed the menu book was different and so were some of the menus. As I looked down the menu, I didn't see two of our regulars, so disappointed and quickly asked the waiter, turns out since the early 2012, they were adding some new menus along with new names of some regular ones. I noticed some mark ups on the prices as well. So relief that the regulars were still available.

Anyway, say hi to Bushman shrooms new name; Crispy fried mushrooms (52,9k) and Rockhampton rib eye which now came with four selections; Seasoned and seared rib eye, Garlic rib eye, Teriyaki marinated rib eye and Chargrilled rib eye. We end up selecting Seasoned and seared rib eye (229,9k) and Outback sirloin (192,9k), both cooked medium.

As always, warm bread with butter was served while waiting for our food to be served. The bread was warm and soft. Not long after we finished the bread, our crispy fried mushrooms were served, as expected it was delicious, lightly breaded and fried with ranch dressing, it was crisp and well cooked that the juiciness felt burst out in mouth. Love it!


Crispy Fried Mushrooms

Hubby's rib eye and my sirloin came together. I chose mashed potatoes and sauteed mushrooms for my sides, while hubby opted for fried chips and mushrooms. Before I went on the steaks, I must compliment on my mashed potatoes first, it was so goooood. Outback served the kind of mashed potatoes I like, the one that is not too smooth and have the potato skin mixed in. Chips were crisp in perfect saltiness while the sauteed mushrooms was another delight. If I remember correctly, they didn't used to have mushrooms as options for the sides, I think they substituted it with grilled onions which no longer available. As for the steaks itself was delicious as always, juicy and tender. I did like the rib eye better though, it was juicier. My sirloin felt a bit dry although I asked for medium.

Seasoned and Seared Rib Eye
Outback Sirloin

Overall, even with the slightly price adjustment, I still think it was worth it. We were satisfied and came home with happier belly. 


Outback Steakhouse
Ratu Plaza Shopping Centre, Ground floor
Jl. Jend Sudirman kav. 9
Jakarta
Ph. +6221 7252188
Other outlet: Mall Kuningan City

No comments: