Monday, November 18, 2013

Chung Gi Wa: My favorite Korean BBQ house


Chung Gi Wa has always been hubs and mine favorite Korean bbq. The reason why it took me so long to finally post on them is probably because I have been going to the place long before I even started the blog, and most of the time, the reviews have always been on new diners. When they recently open at Gandaria City, I figure it will be a good time to introduce my number one place for Korean food. 

Their Dharmawangsa's main branch has open for ages, and we have been there countless times. Yes, the place is my favorite, but to hubs, it's his ULTIMATE number one. He is so in love with them that I often jokes about how much commission he got from them. I have to dragged him to even try other Korean diners, he would always be like "Come on, you know I will like theirs the most", or after we did try others and I asked him how was it, he would be like "You know, still". Gosh, he is so hard headed. 

Nevertheless, I do have to agree with him. I haven't find another Korean diners in town better than them. Okay, I'm going to point out why we love them so much.
1. The price is very reasonable compare to others.
2. The meats are very fresh and they have their own farm in Sukabumi where they plant their own organic vegetables.
3. The service is always prompt and friendly despite they are always packed with customers.
4. The chilli!!! They have the best chilli and they are not being stingy on the serving amount.
5. Last but not least, all of their dishes are delicious! 




I never really take note on the prices and shots every single items of what we ate, like I said before, I never thought on reviewing the place since I've been going here before Ivy's Life is born. So, I will just share some that I frequent order such as Ogyopsal (pork belly skin on) 59k, Yang yum gui (marinated pork short ribs) 63k, Samgyopsal (pork belly skin off) 59k, Boltegisal (pork cheek) 63k, Japchae 75k, Dolsot bibimbab (korean mixed rice) 58k. 

We rarely order beef because hubs is more into pork. He is a hardcore when it comes to pork. We tried though and it was good, very tender and juicy, but most of the time we will always go for the pork, cheaper too. *lol* The beefs are priced double from pork's.





I have tried the new one at Gandaria City, and it looked like they bring the whole main branch concept into it, only they have obviously newer exhaust grilling on the table. The one in Gandaria City is spacious with 3-4 private rooms with tatami seating, while the main branch at Dharmawangsa, Kebayoran Baru has more tatami seating. Personally, I like the main branch more but the place does tricky to find as it is located in the alley, unless you are very familiar with the area.


If you haven't try Chung Gi Wa, you really should! Hopefully, you will love them as much as we do. 

Chung Gi Wa
Jl. Dharmawangsa III No.2
South Jakarta
Ph. +6221 7261924
Directions: From Blok M red light (Blok M at your right), go straight until you see 

Lotte Mart 2nd Flr
Jl. Raya Boulevard Kelapa Gading
North Jakarta
Ph. +6221 45844502

Mall Gandaria City GF
Jl. Sultan Iskandar Muda 8
South Jakarta
Ph. +6221 29236432

3 comments:

Novarinna Tan said...

Yes this is my fav too <33333

Yasin Mochdie said...

My fave also :). In fact, me gonna go there this Sunday. Thanks for the gorgeous pics .. bikin ngilerrr.

Irawan Adhinugraha said...

Chung Gi Wa, Komplek Grand Wijaya Center, Blok A No. 15 - 16, Jl. Wijaya II, Melawai >> is it new branch? or same place with the main branch in Dharmawangsa?