Thursday, January 24, 2013

Sunday Brunch at Monolog


One of my favorite meal of the day is breakfast. Brunch to be exact as I am not a morning person, and even if I wake up early, I hardly can eat in such early hour. Fortunately, plenty cafes in Jakarta serve brunch in reasonable hour for sleepyhead like me. Some even offer an all day breakfast, though personally I never like to have breakfast kind of meal in hours after 12 afternoon. 

If someone ask me, what's your ultimate breakfast or brunch meal? I will say, without doubt, dimsum. Siew may, hakau, and those yummy heaven sent egg yolk bun? Priceless! On the other hand, American type of breakfast meal was never really suited my taste bud. Yeah yeah... I am that Chinese. However, lately I've been having this never get enough of American breakfast kind of craving.

I have been wanting to try Monolog's all day breakfast menu since quite some time, but haven't got the chance until couple weeks ago. Hubby and I reached Plaza Senayan around almost 10am and while walking from parking spot, I was saying to him "I wonder whether the place would be empty since it still so early". (yes, to me 10am in a Sunday consider as early). And the place was full house, almost no tables were left unoccupied. Turns out, there are many morning persons in Jakarta. *lol*

Luckily we managed to get a table without having to be wait listed. Unfortunately, they were understaffed so even with the multiple waving of hands from us and several tables beside ours, still no staff came to take our order. Some staffs noted the waving but to busy or pretending to be busy. It happened around 15 - 20 minutes until they suddenly "not busy", that when a local celebrity came with her son, two staffs quickly approached them, guided them to a table and one of them stand by there the whole time she was still looking at the menu figuring what to order, while... other tables who came earlier and tired of waving their hands still left unattended.

Anyway, enough with the rage. Now back on talking about delicious thing. We ordered Sunrise breakfast set (2 eggs, beef bockwurst, beef ham, garlic fried potato, sauteed mushroom, and whole wheat toast) 74k, Egg benedicts (76k), Watermelon juice (38k) and English breakfast tea (28k).

Sunrise Breakfast
Eggs Benedict

Aside from the annoyed service, we had a great Sunday brunch. Hopefully next visit, we will have a flawless one.

Monolog
Plaza Senayan Level 1 CP 101B
Palm Gate Entrance
Jl. Asia Afrika No. 8 
South Jakarta
Ph. +6221 5725144

3 comments:

natasha pricilia said...

hello Ivy, I always love to read your posts, nice story and pictures you've got here :)

how's the egg benedict's taste to be compared with caprese? I've tried caprese's once and found it delicious, so I just got curious

Nice to meet you,
Natasha
http://nuteveryday.blogspot.com/

Ivy said...

Hi Natasha...
Thanks for dropping by. :) I see u hv a food blog too. Tmr I link yours to mine yah, if u dont mind. It's always nice to meet someone with same passion :).

Anyway, back to ur question. More or less both tasted similarly good. I do like how Caprese one came with spinach and sauteed mushrooms on the side. But when it comes to the eggs, if I hv to choose, personally, I prefer Monolog's. :) their half cooked egg yolks & overall taste suited me more.

natasha pricilia said...

Yup, I agree that the spinach and sauteed mushrooms made caprese special. Thanks for your opinion, gotta try monolog soon! :)

Hehe thanks for linking my blog to yours, I actually have linked yours to mine long ago without asking permission, since I really love to read it. I hope you don't mind too :D