Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Balboni Ristorante: A piece of Italian in the heart of Jakarta


For one and some reasons, I rarely attend a food tasting. However, when Balboni invited me to theirs, I find the invitation too hard to resist. I always love Balboni. Their Italian food and stunning ambiance had got me hooked since my first visit (read here). When I received the invitation, just like that, the mental image of their scrumptious Deviled chicken pizza popped up and that's the story behind of how I got my fine Saturday lunch.


Look at the beautiful outdoor terrace seating. Would be a perfect spot to dine when the weather is friendly.


Insalata Di Mare (55k)
Shake seafood salad with lemon dressing




Calamari Ripieni (70k)
Seared squid stuffed with seafood & vegetable 
This was a good starter. The squid stuffed with chopped seafood inside, was tender and well cooked.


Piadina Alla Diavola (65k)
Beef pepperoni, fresh pepperoncino, spicy tomato sauce & salad 
I like this one very much. I always love tortilla wrap and this one was great. I love how the filling comes with lots of vegetables and not only the beef. All the ingredients match well. I would order this again the next time I'm there.


Parmigiana Di Melanzane (80k)
Eggplants, parmesan cheese, mozarella in a tomato sauce
Okay I didn't try this one because as appetizing as it looks, the mozarella scares the crap out of me. But I gotta say, from the way how all my foodie friends enjoyed this dish, I felt a bit sad on how on earth could I NOT LIKE CHEESE.


Tortelli Di Burro E Salvia (85k)
Tortelli spinach ricotta with butter & fresh sage 
Again, I didn't try this one. Anything with cream, dairy and cheese never works for me. :(


Branzino All Isolana Al Cartoccio (130k)
Baked seabass Al Cartoccio with potatoes, tomatoes & zucchini 
Beautiful seabass. Super soft texture. The fish was wrapped in tin foil with marinated spices, so it has a very strong flavor and enhance seasonings.


I couldn't remember the name of this dish, but it was a fried chicken breast. Unlike most people, when it comes to chicken, I tend to go for breast instead of thigh. And this one was so goood. It was well crisp on the outside and juicy on the inside.


Tagliolino Al Nero Di Seppia Con Seppie (70k)
Black ink tagliolino with cuttlefish and cherry tomato
The black color on the pasta is made from cuttlefish ink. I love the seasoning and the flavor the used, but the pasta felt too dry.


Devilled Chicken Pizza (75k)
Spicy chicken devilled pizza
Ah you... The main reason of my visit. Remains tasty as ever. Love them and would so recommending this to anyone who visit Balboni. If you prefer, you could opt for pork as the toppings.


Plain Hopper, Egg Hopper, String Hopper & Vegetables Curry 
One of the perks of attending a food tasting invitation is definitely the privilege to try different kinds of dishes. Some which on normal situation might not be our choice to order. This Sri Lankan dishes is one of the good example. On normal days, to be honest I would never even think to order this type of food but I'm glad Balboni did. I wouldn't say I super love it, but the curry and deviled fish (fried fish with sweet and spicy tomato sauce) works well with the hoppers. FYI, all the spices were fly in directly from Sri Lanka.


Souffle Chocolate (55k)
Classic souffle with chocolate 
Look how pretty the souffle is? When we brutally dig in the souffle, I was a bit skeptical to see the chocolate texture inside, I thought it would be dry, turns out it was rich and gooey. Perfect!


Mango Tiramisu (60k)
Tiramisu foam with mango & sogi biscuit
It was okay, but personally I never and still don't think mango could work in a tiramisu.


Cream Caramel (45k)
Custard dessert with a layer caramel on top 


Thank you so much Balboni, not only for the scrumptious lunch, but more to the warm welcome and service. I felt loved. The place still is one of my favorite Italian places to go in town. If you haven't been here, throw a visit and let me know what you think. :)

Thank you so much for reading!


Balboni Ristorante 
Kota Kasablanka, Tower A lobby 
Jl. Casablanca 88 
South Jakarta
Ph. +6221 29568712

No comments: