Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Ya Udah Bistro

It's not a new place but I have never been there due to the location. Previously they were located at Jl. Jaksa before move to Menteng. Growing up in Jakarta since I was 1 year old doesn't make me familiar with the road. Luckily, one of my colleagues quite familiar with the address. We went there on a Friday noon. It was located not in a busy street, it was not on the main road but very crowded street as there were many shops and a mosque right in front of the bistro. It was not hard to find, just look for the bright orange color.



The restaurant was not like what I expected. Calling it bistro, what I had in mind was like a small cafe but nicely decorated. Turns out it was a ruko and the owner didn't bother to put much effort on the interior. They didn't have air-con, only big fan were hanging so the place was kinda hot. 

I heard that their specialty was sausage, but I was not a fan of sausage so I ordered The meat eater's delight (55,5k) so I can tasted three kinds of meat. It was a portion of grilled pork, beef medallion and grilled chicken breast served with plain spaghetti. The spaghetti was very plain and tasteless, the meats was also not satisfying. I'm not sure whether the chef forgot to season the entire plate or it was meant to be that tasteless.

The meat eater's delight
Here's what my 3 colleagues ordered: 

Pork Chop (57,5k). It said that it was a juicy pork chop pan fried and finished on a charcoal grill but when it came, the pork was not juicy at all. It was a little bit dry and burned.

Pork Chop

Farmer Bratwurst (pork) served with German fried (37.5k). I took a bite on the sausage and the fries. I like the fries, it was well seasoned. The sausage was not bad either. 

Farmer Bratwurst
This one also Farmer Bratwurst, the difference was only it was served with Hash Brown. I didn't taste it but my colleague said the hash brown was not good.


All of us didn't finish our meals. I didn't know whether it was just a coincidence that the meals were not enjoyable to eat as this Bistro was quite popular and crowded with people, but coincidence or not, I am not thinking to come here for the second time. 

Ya Udah Bistro
Jl. Johar 15, Gondangdia
Menteng
Ph. + 6221 3140343






No comments: