Thursday, February 2, 2012

Revisited: Founder Bah Kut Teh

On our first night, we went to Founder Bah Kut Teh for their famous bah kut. It was located on the Balestier road next to New Orchid hotel. We were lucky as they just opened that day after CNY holiday. Luckily the queue was not too long. After we were seated, we began to order. 4 bowls of Pork ribs bah kut teh ($8), Pig's trotter ($6), Lettuce soup ($4), You tiao ($1,5) and Homemade barley ($1,2). 




The bah kut teh was amazing, they use many garlic and pepper for the broth and the ribs were fat & tender. I almost wanted to order another bowl  if my tummy can still fit. I didn't try the pig's trotter as it looked frightening for me, but my folks seemed to enjoy it. 

The long queue really did meant something. You can see from the wall where they pasted pictures of famous people eating there. It was the best bah kut teh I ever eaten. Love it! 

Founder Bah Kut Teh 
347 Balestier Road
(Next to New Orchid Hotel)
Singapore
Ph. +65 63526192

Opening hours: 
Day: 12noon - 2pm
Night: 6pm - 2.30am 
Closed every Tuesday

No comments: