Last month before Lebaran holiday, I met up with the girls for an afternoon lunch. One of the girls stayed at SCBD area and she told us that she frequently passed around two Italian diners with busy crowds every night, Torino Osteria and Iluminare Ristorante. Since both were located in the same area and we didn't know which one is nicer, we agreed to just pass both of the places and see which one suits us.
We passed by Torino Osteria first and it was closed, so we headed to Iluminare. The place was completely empty and I was thinking it's not a good sign to see an empty diner on a Saturday afternoon, but since we were all super hungry and my friend did say the place was always packed every night, we decided to just give it a try. The place is a house turned into an Italian bistro with red color dominated, from the red wallpaper, red suede chair to the red rose in each table.
Aside from the complimentary bread basket, these what we ordered that afternoon;
- Pizza 'amanti di salsiccia mista (homemade crispy pizza, chicken sausage, beef sausage, smoked beef pepperoni, lamb sausage, creme mozarella cheese, tomato sauce, crispy fried basil leaf and extra virgin olive oil) 67.5k
- Salmone 'tasmania' alla griglia (180gr tasmania fresh salmon, baby green beans, home cheese mashed potatoes) 125k
- Funghi trifolati 'della casa' (sautee' mushrooms with garlic, onion, red chilli) 32.5k
- Spaghetti 'alfredo'ai calamari e ricci (Pasta cooked with squid, crispy bacon in creme alfredo sauce and parmesan cheese) 72.5k
- Arrosto di pollo e pesto di basilico (1/4 roasted chicken breast, home basil pesto sauce with mixed veggie, sweet corn and potatoes) 95k
Overall, the food were okay, I especially like the thin crust pizza and salmon. If you happen to be in the neighborhood, the place can be a good option for Italian food.
Jl. Wolter Monginsidi No. 33
Kebayoran Baru, South Jakarta
Ph. +6221 7206370
Sun - Thu: 10am - 10pm
Fri - Sat: 10am - 2am