Sunday, July 1, 2012

Munchies


About two weeks ago, we have dinner at Munchies. It was a semi open air restaurant & bar located at Gandaria City. The place was not big but it had great interior concept, they even had a flat TV showcasing all tweets mentioning them. Non smokers will not find the place comfy though, as I sat in the non smoking area but the smokes were still very strong.



I like it how the menu came with pictures of each food items, so we have some sort of images of how the food look like. That night, we ordered Fish fingers (33k), fried fish fillet with tar tar sauce placed in wooden cutting board. It was good, not oily, not mushy and not covered in too much batter. For the main, we chose Basa gede prawn (61k), spaghetti aglio olio with prawns sauteed with Indonesian flavored oil. It was delicious! Probably one of the nicest aglio olio I have ever eaten, nicely cooked, well seasoned and the prawns were big, fresh and crunchy. The only not so good part was the portion was way too small, with that amount of price, they should serve bigger portion. Another main course was Chicken and mushroom baked rice (68k) which also tasted delicious. Unlike other baked rice which mostly cover with dairy smells, this one was in balanced with other seasonings.




To be honest, when I walked in Munchies, I didn't really have high expectations on the food. In fact, the reason I decided to dine there at first was because of the interior, but I'm glad the chef proved me wrong. It was not a short distance for me to go there but I won't mind to go there again. :)

Munchies restaurant & bar
Gandaria City Mainstreet MG-16
Jl. KH. M Syafii Hadzami No.8
Kebayoran Lama
Jakarta
Ph. +6221 29053076
www.the-munchies.com
Other branch: Kota Kasablanka

No comments: