Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Ivy's Guide: Best Meals in 2014


Hello! It's one day left before new year. Don't let 2014 pass without trying at least one of these restaurants below. My personal recommendation for the best meals of 2014. 


 **CLICK ON THE TITTLE TO LINK FOR MORE DETAILS REVIEW**

SUSHI MASA
Address: Jl. Tuna Raya No. 5
Muara Baru, North Jakarta
Ph. +6221 29263561
Opening hours: 12 noon - 2pm, 6pm - 10pm (closed on Monday)


Writing a post about best meal in 2014 without mentioning Sushi Masa will not be right. I have been a frequent customers since its opening, their fresh quality sushi and sashimi got me hooked at first visit. Strongly recommended!

Sushi Sakura 350k

Beef Hobayaki 110k

LE SIGNATURE
Address: Ruko Cordoba Blok H No. 2
Pantai Indah Kapuk, North Jakarta
Ph. +6221 56983495
Opening hours: 11am - 11pm (closed on Monday)



Though there's been pro and contra on this place, I stand by my words when I say I had one of my best meals at Le Signature. They are the only semi fine dining with affordable price range at Pantai Indah Kapuk. The restaurant also caters private gathering with adjustable budget.

    

SONG FA BAK KUT TEH
Address: 
- Ozone Mall 1st flr 05-05A

Jl. Pantai Indah Kapuk Utara 3

Pantai Indah Kapuk, North Jakarta
Ph. +6221 29673670

Opening hours: 10am - 9.30pm
- The Jayakarta Food Place
Jl. Labu No 1
Mangga Besar, West Jakarta
Ph. +6221 6390951
Opening hours: 11am - 1am (until 2am on weekend)

If you read my post on Song Fa, it was written on how I didn't really have great meals there, however after the first visit, I have been going back for more than 10 times and loving it. So far still thinks they are the best bak kut teh in town. 



 
DAITOKYO SAKABA
Address: Jl. Melawai 9 No. 26
Blok M, Kebayoran Baru
South Jakarta
Ph. +6221 7222047
Opening hours: 5.30pm - 12.30am
(Closed at 11pm on weekend)


 
I'm a sucker for ox tongue and I was beyond happy when I found this petite gem inside Little Tokyo at Melawai Blok M. They serve various of Japanese cuisines, not so much on the sushi tough. I find their grilled meats particularly good. If you are also a sucker for ox tongue, do give this place a try. 



AKIRA BACK
Address: MD Place 12th floor
Jl. Setiabudi Selatan No. 7
Setiabudi, South Jakarta
Ph. +6221 29040777
http://akirabackindonesia.com/
Opening hours: 11am - 10pm



Akira Back is definitely a rising newcomer with its utterly famous tuna pizza. Mixing flavors of Korean and Japanese, I have been hearing numerous satisfaction from people who have dined there. The Tuna pizza no doubt is very very melt in mouth good.  


Tuna Pizza 195k

AVEC MOI
Address: Office Park Thamrin City Block AA-01
Jl. Thamrin Boulevard
Central Jakarta
Ph. +6221 29625878
Opening hours: 11.30am - 2pm
               6 - 9.30pm (Until 10.30pm on Fri & Sat)
FB: Avecmoirestaurant
IG: @avecmoirestaurant



Avec Moi truly is one of the best meal I've had in 2014. The genius behind them is Chef Romano who brings his five years experience at Gunther's, a fine dining restaurant in Singapore to Jakarta. Expect to have a great food here, especially my two recommendation, their salade avec moi and pasta carbonara. If you haven't, do give Avec Moi a try. You won't regret it.

SALADE AVEC MOI 65k

BACON CARBONARA 78K


MY HUMBLE HOUSE
Address: Lotte Shopping Avenue 6th Flr
Jl. Prof. Dr. Satrio Kav 3-5
Kuningan, South Jakarta
Ph. +6221 29889595




I would My Humble House as one of the finest Chinese restaurant in town. From the sleek and stylish design, the impeccable service and the fine food they served. Yes, the price range might be a bit steep but it was worth it!  

Kurobuta pork 128k

Fried sesame balls with salted egg yolk


Address: Central Department Store Ground Floor
Grand Indonesia Shopping Town 
Jl. MH Thamrin No. 1
Jakarta 
Ph. +6221 23580476
Opening hours: 10am - 10pm 
http://www.unionjkt.com/


Union Deli is the newest establishment from the powerful Union group. The Deli focuses more on artisanal breads without leaving their popular cakes. Expect to find some of the new signatures could be found only at Union Deli, the scrumptious red velvet pie, red velvet ice cream and key lime pie. Totally the best bakery and cakes in town!

RV Pie 50k


TATEMUKAI
Address: Grand Indonesia Shopping Town Level 3A
Jl. MH Thamrin No.1 
Jakarta
Ph. +6221 23581807


Hands down the best food I've had this year. Everything you've heard about Tatemukai is true. The expensiveness, the quality, the awesome fresh sashimi, everything is true. As someone who loves Japanese food way too much, I was so so enjoying my Tatemukai experience. I haven't had the chance to write this in more detailed post, but I will. If you are a true Japanese food fan, trust me, Tatemukai worth the splurge.


At last, I want to say a big THANK YOU for following and reading the blog. I hope all my babblings somehow informative or at least entertaining. =)

HAVE A WONDERFUL NEW YEARS EVE AND A BLAST 2015 AHEAD!

Love,

Ivy

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Langsung catet satu per satu list diatas yg blm pnrh cobain, hahaha

Ivy said...

Hahaha moga2 pada consistent ya